SSSD provider does not follow any DMTF profile.
The base class of any SSSD management is LMI_SSSDService. While it does not provide any functionality by itself, configuration of all SSSD component is associated to it.
First, let’s look at the simple classes:
- Instance of LMI_SSSDMonitor is a SSSD component that executes the other components and makes sure they stay running.
- Instances of LMI_SSSDResponder class represent SSSD components that implement one of the supported services and provide data to clients.
SSSD provider shows also domains and subdomains:
- LMI_SSSDDomain represents joined domains and subdomains. In this example, IPA.EXAMPLE.COM is the main domain, with two subdomains, AD.EXAMPLE.COM and CHILD.IPA.EXAMPLE.COM.
- LMI_SSSDBackend represents SSSD backends - components that manage data from one domain and its subdomains. Each domain has exactly one backend, which can be enabled or disabled in order to enable or disable the domain.
- LMI_SSSDProvider represents data providers for SSSD. Note: these are not CIM providers.