OpenLMI-Networking is CIM provider which manages local network devices. It exposes remotely accessible object-oriented API using WBEM set of protocols and technologies.
The API can be accessed by any WBEM-capable client. OpenLMI already provides:
- Python module lmi.scripts.networking, part of OpenLMI scripts.
- Command line tool: LMI metacommand, with ‘networking’ subcommand.
- Enumerate all network devices
- Display current network IP configuration
- Manage available settings
- Settings activation/deactivation
- Support for bridging and bonding
The provider is based on concept of settings – a network profile that can be applied to the network device(s).
This provider is based on following DMTF standards:
The knowledge of these standards is not necessary, but it can help a lot.
Application developers and/or sysadmins should skip the DMTF standards and start at Networking API concepts.
Table of contents
- Networking API concepts
- Enumeration of network devices
- Get parameters of network devices
- Get current IP configuration
- Bring up / take down a network device
- Enumerate available settings
- Obtaining setting details
- Create new setting
- Set DNS servers for given setting
- Manage static routes for given setting
- Delete setting
- Apply setting
- Bridging and bonding